Thinking about telehealth counseling (aka online counseling)?
· Online counseling is a relatively new option in obtaining mental health services.
· Online counseling means receiving help for mental health issues via the internet by video, phone in real time by appointment. Most online therapists also offer therapy by cellphone or landline.
· The main point is that online therapy occurs at a distance rather than with the client and therapist in the same room as is the case with traditional counseling/therapy.
· Online counseling is not intended to replace traditional counseling/therapy but rather offers as additional options.
· With online counseling you can engage in therapy from the privacy, comfort and convenience of your home or wherever you are if you have internet access or a phone.
Does insurance cover telehealth/online counseling?
Your coverage is dictated by your insurance company and policy. While some insurance plans cover online counseling, please check with your insurer if online counseling is covered.
Here are some details:
-session length: 45, 60 minutes;
-session cost due prior to session (for Self-Pay): $120 to $160;
-online sessions with Rosanna are confidential, HIPPA compliant.
You may be a good fit for online counseling for Rosanna if:
-You are within the state of California for your sessions.
-You have technology at your disposal for online sessions.
You may NOT be a good fit for online counseling if:
-You are not in the state of California for sessions.
-You are experiencing suicidal thoughts and intentions.
-You are self-harming.
-You are experiencing homicidal thoughts and intentions.
-You are in a physically abusive relationship.
If you are in a life-threatening situation, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
National Suicide Hotline: 1(800)784-2433.
If you are considering online counseling.
Please call, email or use the form on the right side of this page to request to schedule a 15-minute free phone consultation with Rosanna.
a. First step is a 15-minute phone consultation;
b. Set up appointment for online counseling;
c. Discuss payment options (insurance verification); session cost due prior to session for self-pay:
d. Complete and sign consent for treatment and agreement and telehealth informed consent form.